Tuesday 11 April 2017

My Hair Story

Back in 2015, I dyed half my hair pink. My hair literally looked like a pink broom. It was spoilt, damaged and extremely dry. This made me afraid to dye my hair again.
In November 2016, I wanted to attempt a more subtle and safe colour, I went for a copper-orangy colour.












This was only made possible by bleaching my hair thrice and dyeing it once. My hair turned out to still be surprisely healthy and soft.






However, it soon faded to blonde.













Finding it too boring, I decided to spice up the ends.

I dyed what my stylist called a "Harley Quinn" style, which was obtained by alternating layers of blue and pink dye.

This, however only lasted for a short while as the dyes weren't quite strong to begin with.

I then fell in love with the pink and missed having pink hair. So I just went straight for it, dyeing half of it pink again. Only this time, it was blonde and pink instead of black and pink.













After awhile, My roots started to grow out and the pink started to fade. All in all, it started to look weird so I went for the most daring I've ever done.













I chopped off the ends and dyed my entire head pink, which at first looked horrible, almost like a wig. But after a few washes and practices on styling it, I soon grew fond of it.

However, even though my hair was still in a pretty good condition despite all the damage, it was still dry and damaged. So, just when I thought I was finally accustomed to the bright pink, I had to go back to the salon for a toner treatment which would guarantee a colour change.













And it turned out to be the colour I didn't want most, purple. Even though the picture isn't clear enough. When seen in real life, there were still streaks of pink and additional grey and silver, which I turned out liking.

But... it soon faded back to the pink. Wait, it doesn't stop there. My roots grew out, my ends faded to a greyish-white colour, plus there were streaks of purple and silver. So, everything combined, looked straight out gross. I had to do something.


I went for an ash grey colour with pink ends.
Now, everything above was just adding colour and touching up. There were no need for extra bleaching to wash off the previous colour.  However, for this colour, I had to bleach it twice to add the new colour. But, my pink could not be bleached off even after the second time and my hair was far too damaged and weak for a third bleaching. So, given no choice, ash grey was just applied. Which resulted in a greyish-silvery colour with a purple undertone. And yes you guessed it, I'm in love.

Thus, when people asks me what colour this is, I have absolutely no idea what to say.

Why I like dyeing my hair so much is because I like seeing how the difference of hair colour manages to change a person's image and style. If anyone has doubts or procrastinations about dyeing your hair, my advice is go for it. You only live once, if not now, then when?
But please, do take good care of your hair. Because truth to be told, currently, my hair isn't capable of having any new colours for the next few months. oops

Follow/Add me on :
IG @lei.ii
Twitter @leiiizy_
Snapchat @leiiizy






No comments:

Post a Comment